COVID-19 Safety Policy
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees, has always been and will continue to remain our top priority.
We have put some extra measures into our already rigorous cleaning schedule, to ensure the health and safety of everyone.
We are constantly reviewing every aspect of our hotel, restaurant and bar operations against the latest updates provided by our New Zealand Government and Ministry of Health for COVID-19. We are taking all necessary steps to follow the most up-to-date guidelines and directives from the health authorities and industry regulators.
As we live through constant changes in levels, we want to provide you with some information on the measures we have put in place to keep our guests, and our employees safe.
Standard practice at all times
• The Beachfront Hotel Hokitika is not part of the quarantine or self-isolation hotel program.
• New operating procedures & policies have been put in place in consideration for health and safety, cleaning, social distancing, and contact tracing requirements.
• Our team is committed to following the recommended cleaning and hygiene standards for all departments.
• Our dedicated team is aware and fully supportive of the need to take extra precautions while interacting with guests and handling guest’s items.
• Additional cleaning and sanitizing procedures have been adopted throughout the hotel including guest rooms, restaurant & bar, event spaces, and all public areas.
Our housekeeping team uses industrial-approved disinfectant sprays and sanitizers.
• Hand sanitizers are provided at the hotel reception and in our restaurant & bar for guest use.
• The Beachfront Hotel Hokitika QR code is displayed at the hotel front, side, and back entrances for guests using the NZCOVID Tracer app. Social distancing floor decals and signage will be noticeable all around the hotel.
All hotel, restaurant & bar guests, and employees are advised to follow the recommendations of the Ministry of Health in relation to COVID-19, which is to stay at home if they are feeling unwell or displaying any symptoms of the virus.
We’ve increased our frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all our public areas focusing on all our high touch areas such as handrails, lift and lift buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys, and pens. You’ll also have access to hand sanitiser throughout the public areas. If required, please ensure you are wearing your face mask in all public areas of the hotel.
We’ll try to keep your stay as contact-less as possible. Our housekeepers will pay even further attention to all areas of our rooms, especially in all high-touch areas. Upon check out, our rooms will receive an even deeper clean before the next arrival. We have removed high-touch items from the room for your safety. Housekeeping staff will not enter your room whiles residing with us unless requested. Additional amenities will be available at our reception desk.
Our back of house areas will also have the same increased cleaning schedule as our public areas, ensuring all high touch areas are cleaned and disinfected frequently.ts during this time, with limited services and access to public spaces as detailed at the time of booking.
All guests entering our premises during LEVEL 2 and LEVEL 3 will be asked to follow the below policies:
• Sign a Guest Register or check-in using the QR Code for contact tracing purposes. This is a New Zealand Government requirement.
• Maintain physical distancing requirements while inside the hotel.
• Wash or sanitise your hands regularly. Good facilities for people to wash hands and hand sanitizers are provided for regular use.
If you have any questions or concerns about your forthcoming visits to The Beachfront Hotel Hokitika, please do not hesitate to contact us on 03 755 8344 or email email@example.com